Thursday, July 26, 2012

week 35

I am exhausted. I am officially on maternity leave now which means that I have only a few weeks to get everything in order before Ethan arrives. I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and was told that our little boy is already measuring 7 1/2 pounds! He's head down, but I'm not dilated yet. He still has plenty of amniotic fluid (that's a good thing), so when (if) my water breaks, it's going to be a huge gush! Dr. Chu told me that by the looks of everything, she's expecting me to go into labor within 1-2 weeks...this was a little shocking to me considering we are only 35 weeks into this, and I'm not expecting him to arrive until August 20th! She also told me that she's going on vacation from August 12-19th - which means that if I do go into labor during that time, someone else will deliver him. This is NOT a part of my birth plan...I am scheduled to go back and see her on Tuesday the 31st, and will continue to see her weekly until he arrives.

My comfort level is diminishing. I feel like it takes everything out of me just to roll over in bed! My stomach has also starting itching, which means that it's growing more and more - which also means that I'm getting more and more stretch marks!

On a good note, Stephen set up his bedding in his crib - I love it. It's so 'boy-ish'...Bella asked us, 'what doing?' and when we lifted her up to see it, she said, 'oh wowwww!' She's going to LOVE being a big sister!

Pictures coming soon of the nursery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment