Tuesday, July 10, 2012

31 weeks

We have lots of things to do, and I feel like we're running out of time to get them done before he's here! We (I mean Stephen) painted the kid's room this weekend. We thought it would be best to divide it up so that Bella would still have her pink butterfly wall,  and Ethan would have his half of 'boy' stuff.
 
We also went to Target and registered for a few items that we're going to need for our little man - since we have all of the 'big items' (like a car seat, high chair, walker, bath tub, stroller) we only registered for the smaller things that Ethan would need...blankets, bedding, and some misc. items. I will say that the second time around you can definitely pin point the items that you "really" need / use and items that just take up space.
 
Now that I think about it, we actually got a lot done this week (now that I'm writing it all out). My favorite thing this week was taking our maternity photos. They were taken by Angela Mae Smith http://www.angelamaephotography.com/ - she is amazing, and I already talked to her about taking Ethan's newborn pictures, and our family photos in November. Here are a few images from our session - Isabella looks like a kid now, and not like a baby anymore. I can't even image how old she's going to look once her brother is here!  (there was no chalk board this week because we took the maternity photos instead)...
 
 

 
        

  
Week 31 - baby is now the size of a PINEAPPLE
Here are some cool facts about the baby at week 31:
  • Baby is going through some major brain and nerve development
  • His irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order.   
 A few updates from the mommy-to-be...
How far along? 31 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 22 pounds.
Maternity clothes? yes
Stretch marks? Yes :( and I got 2 new ones...
Sleep: ha!
Best moment this week: taking our maternity photos, I LOVE THEM!
Miss Anything? honestly, sleeping through the night without having to wake up 5 times to go pee.
Movement: a whole lot - especially at night time. Ethan has decided that he likes to have dance parties in my stomach right when I get comfortable on the couch.
Food cravings: chocolate and red meat (I know, it sounds gross...luckily, I do not eat them together!)
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope.
Have you started to show yet: people might mistake me for carrying twins.
Gender prediction: you're all BOY baby!   
Labor Signs: braxton hicks contractions starting already!
Belly Button in or out? OUT! With Bella, it never went out, that's how I know he's going to be bigger - he's already running out of space in there!
Wedding rings on or off? on for now, but they should be off because my fingers swell over them :/
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy
Weekly Wisdom: drink lots of water, register at the hospital- and pack my hospital bag!
Looking forward to: just having him here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment