Monday, July 16, 2012

week 34

34 weeks down, and 5 to go! We had Ethan's baby shower this past Sunday, it was perfect. I always get really stressed out before parties - worried that I won't have enough food, or worried that I won't get everything set up in time - and then I leave myself with only a little time to actually get ready...ugh! We had a very good turn out too - I only wish that Ash and Kel could have been there, but they live in Colorado and asking them to fly out is a little crazy :)
the 34 week bare belly...

New things in "Bella's world" - she went POTTY again! This time it was on the big potty (no picture, though - bummer. ha!) She told me 'potty' and then took off her pants, she then started to take off her diaper and Stephen was worried that there might have been a little surprise in there, so he helped her - when we took her diaper off, we realized that she was dry and that she wanted to go potty...so, we sat her up on the toilet and off she went! When she was finished she said, "all done", then she hopped off the toilet, flushed it and said, "bye-bye pee pee"...we rewarded her with a scope of mint & chip ice-cream (her favorite)...I'm hoping she gets used to this whole toilet thing!
Week 34 - baby is now the size of a butternut squash
 Here are some cool facts about the baby at week 34:
  • At week 34, you might breathe a little easier, since baby may descend lower into your pelvis and give your lungs some space - (not the case for me!)
  • He's urinating about a pint a day!
  • He can recognize and react to certain songs - which he might recognize at birth, so SING to him!
A few updates from the mommy-to-be...

How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I will have to confirm at my next dr visit - but I'm pretty sure it's close to 25 pounds.
Maternity clothes? yes
Stretch marks? Yes :( and I got 2 new ones...
Sleep: not sleeping at all.
Best moment this week: we had his baby shower - it was perfect.
Miss Anything? sleep.
Movement: all night long.
Food cravings: just the normal: OREOS, milk, meat...
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope.
Have you started to show yet: I have a HUGE belly.
Gender prediction: you're all BOY baby!   
Labor Signs: just the normal few contractions that I get daily.  
Belly Button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? off
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy all the time!
Weekly Wisdom: register at the hospital, and pack my hospital bag.
Looking forward to: my doctor's appointment on Monday, and my last day of work is this FRIDAY!!! WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment