Monday, May 14, 2012

week 23

This week has just flown by! We are now able to see our little guy moving around from outside of my clothes. This part amazes me - the thought of him just swimming around inside my belly is just a trip. For now, he's got a lot of space to move around, but in a few more weeks his living space is going to get tight. The only thing that I can complain about now is my constant back pain...it NEVER goes away. I can never seem to get in a comfortable position, whether I'm lying down, sitting, or standing up - it just always hurts. Another (small) complaint is the heartburn - it sucks, but I'm able to control it with my Maalox. We are almost in the 3rd trimester, I can't believe it!

Week 23 - baby is now the length of a pomegranate
Here are some cool facts about the baby at week 23:
·         His little face is fully formed – minus the fat of course.
·         His sense of movement is well developed by now, he can feel when I dance J
·         Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that his increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now – such as a dog barking, the vacuum cleaner (or his sister’s voice) – won’t faze him when he’s here.

 A few updates from the mommy-to-be...
How far along? 23 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: 9 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Yep. 
Stretch marks? Yes.
Sleep: could be better – I’m just super sore all the time, between my back pain and the pressure (down there.) 
Best moment this week: we can now see him moving around from the outside of my belly – it’s so crazy to think that he’s living in there now, just swimming around in his “man cave”.
Miss Anything? Wine – STILL.
Movement: LOTS.
Food cravings: sweets – my take on this…he’s going to be a very sweet boy.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope.
Have you started to show yet: ohhhh yes.  
Gender prediction: boy.  
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? It’s flat.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Weekly Wisdom: call the chiropractor – I still have not done this.
Looking forward to: stepping into my 3rd trimester…only a few more weeks to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment