Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day / 25 weeks

This past Sunday was officially my 2nd Mother's Day. When I woke up and went downstairs I found a beautiful bouquet of tulips (my favorite) from my sweet Bella...and there was a little box next to them from my hubby...he got me my new perfume - Miss Dior (I LOVE it.) I was then told to just relax while Stephen and Bella went to grab coffee and bagels. I was able to catch up on the latest Grey's episodes - probably not the best show to watch on Mother's Day, since every episode has a major downer...but, hey - I still watch it.

After breakfast, we got ready and headed over to my parents house for lunch. Derek, Kris & the kids met us there and the boys cooked for all of the girls - it was perfect. We wanted to do something at home this year, and not have to worry about the crowds at all of the restaurants, plus the girls were able to play in the backyard. I got another gift from Bella (with a little help from her aunt and uncle) - she finger painted this lovely picture for me, and also took some hand prints - in the center of the frame there was a poem (I'll have to write it down later), it made me cry...

My parents got me a picnic basket, and my mom filled it up with all of the necessities that I would need...it's very cool - I've always wanted one. I am going to pack a few things in there and we're headed to the beach for lunch one day this weekend, yay!

I'll have to come back and post a few other pictures, but this one was taken of my mom, myself, and Bella...I love this picture. Bella will love having this when she's older, I'm sure.


and here's the 25 week photo - no chalk board picture this week...instead you get to see a picture of our perfect little family (although Ethan is hiding in my belly!)...he'll be here soon! I love the look on Bella's face!


Some updates for lil' E this week - we had a doctor's appointment (just the normal routine visit). Listened to his heart - it sounds amazing :) and oh, I gained another 7 pounds! yikes! I seriously need to S L O W it down a bit with this whole weight gaining craziness! I have to go sometime next week to take my glucose test to make sure that my sugar levels are on track. I'm not a big fan of this test - first of all, you have to fast, so no food or drink (except water after 6:00pm the night before), then you have to drink this nasty flat orange soda tasting stuff that makes you want to barf....then you have to sit and wait for 1 hour to let the drink go through your system before you get your blood work done. It's a long process...

No comments:

Post a Comment