Friday, May 11, 2012

22 weeks.

22 is Stephen's favorite number - it has been his baseball number for years, and it might just end up being worn on the back of Ethan's jersey's (we'll see). On April 22nd (in my 22nd week), we were all laying in bed watching Sunday cartoons (aka Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) and I told Stephen that Ethan had kept me up all night because he was moving all night long. So, he put his hand on my belly and BAM! Ethan finally moved so that his daddy could feel him...that made Stephen's day. Our little E is a mover and a shaker, he's doing a few dances in my belly, kicking my bladder here and there (not cool). I'm just so thrilled that Stephen finally felt him, by far - the BEST moment of the week!


Week 22 - baby is now the length of a spaghetti squash
Here are some cool facts about the baby at week 22:

·         His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums.  
·         His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.
·         If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in.
·         Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

 A few updates from the mommy-to-be...
How far along? 22 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: okay, here’s the big one – I went to see Dr. Chu on Monday (4/23/12) and I gained 7 pounds! (that’s since my last visit, 4 weeks ago)…that brings my grand total up to 9 pounds so far for this pregnancy. It was expected for me to gain this much at this appointment, but when you see 7 pounds all you think is – s**t.
Maternity clothes? Of course.  
Stretch marks? Yes.
Sleep: tossing and turning a lot throughout the night.  
Best moment this week: got to get a quick little glimpse of him on the monitor at Dr. Chu’s office, he’s getting BIG! And Stephen FINALLY got to feel him move! It was awesome.
Miss Anything? Oh just the typical, wine, wine, and wine….I don’t have a drinking problem (one would think that by reading my blog), but I do love wine. I miss having a nice glass of red wine with dinner – very badly.
Movement: LOTS.
Food cravings: CHOCOLATE – this is a very, very bad thing!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope.
Have you started to show yet: Yes – and it looks like I’m carrying twins!
Gender prediction: it has been officially confirmed (again) by Dr. Chu that he is ALL BOY.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? IN.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Weekly Wisdom: call the chiropractor. 
Looking forward to: Stephen going to San Antonio for a week and leaving me and Bella….NOT. so, I’m looking forward to him coming home J

We took Miss Bella Boo to the Long Beach Aquarium this past weekend...she had so much fun! We went into that area where you can feed the birds, and one flew up on my shoulder and totally freaked me out. I look like I'm going to cry in one of the pictures. Bella's probably thinking - "ya, you're real tough mommy!" ha!






No comments:

Post a Comment