Friday, June 1, 2012

27 weeks

My last week in my second trimester! C R A Z Y. I had an appointment with Dr. Chu on Tuesday morning, my glucose test came back normal - my sugar levels were actually better with Ethan than they were with Bella...I find that hard to believe considering all I want to eat is sweets with this boy! I also had to get my rhogam shot (because I'm rh negative...here's what that means http://www.rhogam.com/patient/WhatRhNegativeMeans/Pages/default.aspx  
This injection goes right in the booty - oouch! Good news at my appointment: Ethan's heartbeat was nice and strong...and I only gained ONE pound. Thank goodness. I have been really trying to watch what I eat, and look- it seems to be working. The plan is that I have to go back in 3 weeks for an ultrasound to check his measurements again, and then I will see her every other, or every week until he's born...I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by!
 
In the middle of our crazy schedules, we are also attempting to plan a baby shower - oh and at some point, we need to get his room ready...wow, I'm behind!
 
 
Week 27 - baby is now the size of a RUTABAGA
Here are some cool facts about the baby at week 27:
  • Your baby weighs almost 2 pounds
  • He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening & closing his eyes, & sucking his fingers!
  • With more brain tissue developing, his brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning- with a lot of medical help - if he were born now.
  • Baby hiccups are very common from now on, they do not bother him and usually only last a few moments.      
 A few updates from the mommy-to-be...
How far along? 27 weeks 6 days
Total weight gain/loss: 18 pounds.
Maternity clothes? oh gosh yes.  
Stretch marks? Yes.
Sleep: what's that?
Best moment this week: he moves around A LOT. Went to see Dr. Chu and she told me that my sugar levels were GREAT!
Miss Anything? Wine – STILL.
Movement: LOTS.
Food cravings: chocolate!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope.
Have you started to show yet: ohhhh yes.  
Gender prediction: boy.  
Labor Signs: braxton hicks contractions starting already!
Belly Button in or out? almost out.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! and anxious!
Weekly Wisdom: call the chiropractor – I still have not done this. - STILL. 
Looking forward to: 3rd trimester beginning! woo hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment