Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WEEK 17

Happy St. Patty's day baby! You will get to celebrate your first St. Patty's day next year...but you will still be way too young for green beer. Every year for St. Patricks Day, the entire family gets together and eats corn beef and cabbage. We've been doing this since before I was born, I always went over to my Nana and Papa's house. This year was the first year that my mom cooked (your Nana) - she did an awesome job. You seemed to enjoy it too because I slept great that night! yessss!

Something that happened this week that I am a little worried about is how your big sister reacted when I held Dylan. She completely broke down because I was holding another baby...don't worry, when you get here - she's going to be just as excited as we are :) She's just too little to understand right now.

I am still extremely tired! My gut feeling is that you are a girl...but I don't remember feeling this tired with Bella, so maybe you're a boy and taking every ounce of energy I have. We have an ultrasound appointment this Friday, it will be the day before I am 18 weeks. Your daddy and I have decided to watch the ultrasound, but when she's around the gender parts - we are going to look away. We really want to be surprised with you...

I will say the worst part now is the heartburn. It is TERRIBLE. I feel like all I do is eat Mallox. My Nana always told me that if you have heartburn when you are pregnant, it means that the baby has a lot of hair. So far, that's true - with Bella, I had horrible heartburn and she was born with a full head of black hair....Boy or girl, I picture you with a full head of dark hair! We're one week closer to meeting you little one!


 
Week 17 - baby is now the size of a ONION.
Here are some cool facts about the baby at week 17:  
  • the rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.
  • baby is finally growing some meat on those bones - and putting on some fat.
  • the umbilical cord is growing ticker, and stronger.
 A few updates from the mommy-to-be...

How far along? 17 weeks 0 days
Total weight gain/loss: the million dollar question, ha!
Maternity clothes? yep.
Stretch marks? the same ones
Sleep: I want some more. Can I buy additional hours in the night?
Best moment this week: corn beef & cabbage :)
Miss Anything? wine.
Movement: yes. happening more frequently now.  
Food cravings: Fruit
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope.
Have you started to show yet: Yes. 
Gender prediction: Girl 
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy, excited, anxious... 
Weekly Wisdom: do NOT give in to finding out the gender!
Looking forward to: ultrasound on FRIDAY!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment