Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WEEK 13

Hellllllllo second trimester! I can't believe how fast the first one went by. We are now a third of the way closer to meeting our little girl (or boy). This has been a great week, I am starting to have a little more energy and am FINALLY over my cold - the whole Conradi clan is over that nasty bug that went around. I know this doesn't sound like me at all (insert sarcasm here), but I get so freaked out when I think about having a newborn during cold and flu season! Since this baby is due in August that means that he or she will be only 4 months old in December - not old enough to get the flu vaccine...ugh.

Some big news this week - we are taking Bella Boo to Disneyland on Saturday, this will be her first time there! I can't wait to see her face when she sees all of the characters for the first time. We have decided to get annual passes so that we can go frequently - plus, mommy and Bella can go when daddy is at pitching lessons. Some people might think that she's too young to understand Disneyland, but I want her to get some 'solo' attention now before the baby is here, so I think this is the perfect thing.

Bella's new favorite game is "ring around the rosie" - except she calls it, "ashes, ashes, down". She'll tell me, "ashes ashes dooown!" every night, so Stephen and I sing and walk around in a circle and then we all fall down. Ohhh, the little things in life that make her so happy! She also has a few new words: butterfly (yes, I know!), horsey, socks, shoes - she even said 'Monday' in circle time at daycare! I can't believe how quick she's growing up!!

Week 13 - baby is now the size of a peach

Here are some cool facts about the baby at week 13:  
  • Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords
  • Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his/her head now only one third the size of his/her body.
  • Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy - much more convenient.
 A few updates from the mommy-to-be...

How far along? 13 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: zero - (I think) I have to buy a scale :/
Maternity clothes? yep.
Stretch marks? the same ones
Sleep: I'm sleeping good, not tired all the time - but I still go to bed at 9:00 pm.
Best moment this week: I felt the baby move!!!
Miss Anything? Wine.
Movement: yes. tiny movements that only mommy can feel.
Food cravings: Fruit & Mexican food.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat and the smell of licorice...EWWWW!!!
Have you started to show yet: Yessss!
Gender prediction: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Weekly Wisdom: This is random, but I need to go to the DMV to get my license changed to my married name!
Looking forward to: my next dr. appt - march 2nd....but this weekend we are taking miss bella to Disneyland for the first time, I can't wait to see her little face light up!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment